Monday, April 20, 2009

Prim Angel Altered Guitar

This is a child's 1/2 scale guitar that I just finished. I found it without strings and shoved in the corner of a shop. I felt its days were numbered since it couldn't be played any longer --- what was I to do other than rescue it???? So, with a favorite Terrye French angel in mind, I began to layer on the paint and antiquing glaze to get the proper patina. And here she is, holding a wooly lamb with a saltbox scene on her dress. I love her baby's breath wings and halo... who said angel wings had to be feathers? I had a wonderful time painting this little piece.

7 comments:

Jody said...

As always Martha, you have created another wonderful piece. Tag and garage sales have finally started here so I am hoping to find some great treasures soon....can't wait to see what you come up with next time. It is always such a delight to see your imagination at work.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Are you kidding me? Now I've seen it all! And I only THOUGHT I had talent!

Amazingly beautiful my friend. Love it!

xoRebecca

Robin said...

Hi Martha! Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. I'm so glad you did because now I can follow your lovely blog as well!! Pleased to meet you!

Take Care - Robin

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Thanks friends for your comments.

Robin.... I am having such a wonderful time with my new friends in blog land. Glad to count you as one!!!

~Martha

Anonymous said...

This is sweet. Now...don't take this to the Antiques Road Show. They'll probably tell you it's a rare miniature guitar! ;-) But I think you made it totally precious!
Diane

Apple Tree Cottage said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Diane, you are so funny --- always a bright spot in my day. Actually, this guitar was HOT PINK when I bought it. Everyone just laughed at me and thought I had lost my mind for sure.

cottonreel said...

I just read Diane,s blog , you said you wish you could patch and quilt. Please buy a magazine and try , it,s wonderful--cottonreel