Monday, April 27, 2009

Chicken and Fruit Topiary

I have long been inspired by Rosemary West as well as my wonderful friend, Diane Knott. They both have distinctive techniques in their painting styles that I so admire and strive for. Rosemary's tole painting is flawless and I love her choice of color, patterning and banding. Diane is an artist extraordinaire... the warmth of her personality shines through in her work. Each piece is a treasure and I especially love those with fruit and berries. So, that being said, I decided to do a piece in which I would try to incorporate all these qualities. Here it is, a topiary painted with fruit and a chicken finial on top!

8 comments:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Very nicely done! I too love Rosemary West! She has a delightful style and is truly an inspiration. It's obvious she's had a great influence on your work, but it takes skill to paint well so take a bow! Marvelous! Love the photo setting as well.
:-)
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

You, My Dear, are an Artist Extraordinaire! Your artwork is some of the best I have ever seen!!
Have a Wonderful Week!!
Marilyn
xxoo

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Each and every one of your creations is trully etraordinary!! I am always amazed at the variety, and the love for tiny details that you have. Another wonderful piece. And BTW, I just love the look of your blog, with the greens and pinks and browns thrown in for good measure, it just soooo suits your blog's name. All this apple green is perfect!! I enjoy stopping by just cuz it is so cute! :-) Debby

Brenda said...

Wow, that is awesome!!

Jody said...

Simply Gorgeous.......as always!

I Play Outside The Box said...

When do you find time to sleep?? You amaze me!!

Pat said...

This is just beautiful, as always. Such a unique piece. I always look forward to seeing your new creations.
Pat

Bluebell said...

Well you've done it again what a beauty, your ideas are so fresh I just love what you have done. Keep doing them I love to see each new piece.