Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blessings on you, little lamb


It is beautiful here in Dixie this morning.... I have the studio door open and I can here the birds singing. My dogwood is ready to pop open its blooms and all's right with the world.


I am still determined to paint and craft with what I have in the studio before I go out and haul in more "stuff" (she says with determination, but in her heart she knows better!). I had one more wooden frame left in my stash so I decided that the project of the morning would be this adaptation of a Terrye French design. The frame is distressed for that shabby chic look and the little lamb is painted on canvas. I love her little friend who sits on her back. The frame needed a little puff and fluff so I lettered "Blessings" across the bottom.


Alrighty, I think I will go work on an altered book box that is waiting in the wings. Suki says, "Come and throw the ball" so I may have to hop outside for a bit, play with the pup and soak up some sun first. Then it's back to work.

5 comments:

Bluebell said...

I love your site, everything you make I love, the frame is delightful. It sounds absolutely wonderful where you are I am going to look on my map I feel a holiday coming on.

Anonymous said...

Lovely frame... I just adore the colors!!
Take Care!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Pink Birdhouse said...

I can't thank you enough for sharing this recipe for crumb cake, which is one of my all time favorites of cake! I am going to copy your recipe and give it a try. we have a big family celebration coming up at us soon, and this would be perfect served along side all the cream cakes. Some people just prefer crumb cake instead of all that high calorie cream cake. Anyway, it looked fabulous in the picture, so I will try it and my hubby thanks you already!!! :-)

LaurieStar said...

I wish it were as beautiful here as it sounds there! We still have LOTS of snow! :(

Anonymous said...

You make me smile every single time I come here! You have such a sweet touch with everything you paint.

Happy Spring! It's here! It's today!
And I can see it in your paintings if not outside where there is a dusting of snow this morning!

Diane