Monday, June 29, 2009

New Design...


I have been working on some new designs, hoping to make patterns for some of them. Here is one that I am pleased with. I painted the four seasons prim pears on an old sewing machine drawer. I just love painting on these vintage pieces! The stems for the pears are twisted rusty wire that I inserted in holes drilled by my Dremel (don't you just love power tools???!!!!). I filled it with an assortment of "stuff" that I thought might enhance the design. I think I might try this on a bigger scale soon.

10 comments:

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love everything you make. I bet your home is really special with the gift you have for making wonderful things.

Iris

blushing rose said...

Very pretty. I had some by an artist one time & enjoyed the talent of art ... you, too, are a lovely artist. TTFN ~Marydon

Lady Farmer said...

Always a delight to see what you have created!
Blessings!

Rebecca Nelson said...

LOVIN' it all! You ideas never cease to amaze me. You never stop, do you?

Your site blesses me. I hope you know that!

xoRebecca

Barbara Jean said...

Just too adorable, but then i think that about all your beautiful and creative work.

thanks for the visit. Love that you came by.
blessings,
Barbara Jean

Country Whispers said...

I love it!
You do such great work!

Michele said...

You have a special gift of giving vintage pieces new life so that they can be enjoyed for many more years to come! You truly bring home "thinking outside of the box."
~.~

Brenda said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Just love the pears!! How Beautiful!
Hugs,
Marilyn
xxoo

dee begg said...

Martha,

Love the design...what talent you have my friend.

D