Wednesday, October 14, 2009

By the Light of the Candy Cane Moon

I just love this design by Terrye French. I have painted it on two different pieces and have orders for two more teapots painted with the same cute scene. I never paint a design the same way twice... I just can't do it! I have tried, but it goes against my nature. Do you feel the same way? I even vary recipes each time I prepare one over and over. The problem is, I don't write down the changes I have made so when one turns out really well and my dearest just loves it, I have already forgotten what I did to make it better. I guess the lesson here is to always keep a pencil handy!!!

13 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love this beautiful design! You are so creative!

Brenda said...

Love these!!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

You know Marhta.... Everytime I visit you blog I look at some of the "stuff" I have in my house in a different way!! LOL!!
Your painting is sensational....
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Bluebell said...

Hi Martha I love the teapots the designs are so lovely. I could not do the same things over and over the beauty of your items is the difference in each one Lovely!
Love Jillxx

Kindred Sisters said...

I LoVe your work!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too, Martha! I can't paint the same thing twice! BORING! ;-)
Yours are wonderful!!!!
Hugs, girlfriend!
Diane

dee begg said...

Martha,

Gotta say I love them both! Very nice!

D

I Play Outside The Box said...

Adorable!

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments! Here is an update.... I have painted TWO MORE coffee and tepots and have an order for another. I spoke too soon, didn't I????

XXXXOOOO and more to all my dear friends, Martha

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I'm sooo lovin' this!!

Have not made it by for awhile and have missed seeing your sweet pieces of wonderful art.

You must be very patient to paint all these wonderful designs.
Makes me want to paint again....

Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Barbara jean

PS Is this Santa a current Terrye French pattern? I would even think about doing it.

Anonymous said...

Where oh where is Martha? Up to her elbows in paint? Can't wait to see your next creations! You always come up with the most charming designs on the must unusual items!
Hugs!!! Diane

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Perfectly charming...

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Lynn Barbadora said...

Charming ....adorable...awesome.........love them!
Lynn