Monday, March 30, 2009

Garden Gate Shovel Hanger

My own sweet Megan had miniature garden tools when she was little. Her small rake, hoe and shovel dug many a hole to "plant" in her sandbox garden. When I found this little shovel last weekend, I knew that it was destined for hanging, not digging! This cottage is one of my own designs. I love pink and plaid, so what better combination than that for a roof? The wood birdhouse is a duplicated on the cottage on the shovel. It even has its own picket fence! I removed the wooden perch and replaced it with an old silverplate iced tea spoon that I cut to length. A sage green ribbon provides the hanger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shovel!! It is so charming & whimsical!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How clever! I love it!