Thursday, February 12, 2009

Capturing Fairies

Do you remember as a child when you would take a jar your mother had given you and go exploring in the grass, seeing what you could find to trap and observe until it was released? I spent hours capturing various bugs, butterflies, worms and other "critters" and watching them through the glassy walls of my container. Having a wild imagination, I believed that one day I would find a fairy or other little nymph that I could keep for as long as I wanted, sitting her on a table and watching her for hours. Years passed and those illusive fairies remained hidden from my view until I can now capture them in bottles, jars, glass bubbles and shadowboxes. What fun to make up whimsical stories about them, to tuck moss and twigs here and there and even add a tiny nest with eggs. At last my quest has been completed!

No comments: