Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Challenge - Part 2



I finished the last two projects for the Spring Celebration Challenge by Old Farmhouse Gathering on Etsy. I kept the theme going with this little baby shoe light, painted with a spring peep from a Terrye French design. I love to think about the little chubby feet that once wore this tiny shoe. I found a sweet vintage baby picture to put on a round hang tag. The candle light has been cut down to the desired length and has a flickering silicone bulb.


The final piece is a shadow box with a tea party them. The little cup and saucer came from a set I found at a tag sale. They were just the perfect size to tuck inside and sit on a paper doily. The little girl photo is a favorite of mine. I thought she needed a pink hairbow to wear to this fete. And what party would be complete without some posies? The pink forget-me-not nosegay is tied with a sheer pink ribbon. The frame is painted ivory and antiqued for and aged appearance. The heart on the frame reminds me of a locket a little miss might wear to a party.