Friday, February 20, 2009

Cottage Teapot Easter Tree

My husband says I will paint on anything if I can get it to hold still long enough.... I just smile and nod my head. I guess it's true. I have painted a ukulele, more chairs than I can count, and bushels of gourds. But I must say here and now that my favorite thing to paint on by far is a teapot! Tall and skinny, round as can be, dented or not, I love them all. This teapot has been in my stash for a long while and today it was calling my name. So I decided that it would be the perfect palette for a new cottage design. Here is the result.... a pink plaid background with a little cottage, flowers and picket fence. The eggs are gourds (yes, really!!!) painted and trimmed with ribbon and forget-me-nots. The birdhouse is decoupaged in pink polka dot paper on the sides and pink toile on the roof. I can't wait to show my dearest this one --- he will just smile and nod his head.