Friday, October 14, 2011

Christmas is Coming!!!

Christmas is coming... well, at Apple Tree Cottage it is anyway!!! Most of you know that I love painting on vintage pieces. I have found some really nice things lately and have painted up a storm in my studio.

I have been collecting small antique mashers for the past year. These three make a nice set of "Jolly Olde Souls", don't you think? I like the way the dimensional snow looks when used for the fur on their caps.

The vintage cake cover was so much fun to paint --- who doesn't love the sweets this season has to offer. When I found this treasure, it even had the original plate to go with it. Both were in perfect condition.

I found a new shop in Tuscaloosa that has owners who love primitives as much as I do. They search high and low for the most unusual things and I am never disappointed when I pay them a visit. A recent purchase of an old ice cream scoop was turned into the perfect snowie hanger for a cabinet door or hook.

Finally, I found this old doll trunk at a tag sale. This is a design inspired by Terrye French with a few touches of my own. Wouldn't this be sweet display with a collection of raggedy dolls or a feather tree?

Thanks for taking the time to stop buy. I always love to read your comments. Time to get busy back in the studio. Stay tuned for more Christmas goodies!!!

4 comments:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Glad to have you back! I missed reading your Blog and seeing all your painted treasures!
What awesome new goodies you have painted. I especially Love the vintage ice cream scoop.
Can't wait to see more of your creations!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're back!! Love your work. Love this Santa painting...What is an old doll trunk? and how big is it? I did not see it in your etsy shop yet. I may want it. Thank you so much.
patti

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Thanks for your comments. Patti --- the old doll trunk was used to keep doll clothes and the dolly in. This one is sold but I am looking for more to paint.

Deb said...

Welcome back Martha! Oh my, I am in love with all your new pieces, they are amazing, as always! Thanks so much for posting your pictures and I'm off to take a peek in your Etsy shop, I feel an early Christmas present for ME coming on! Deb